Keep this man in clean underwear.
I finally got around to donating some to Jason Kottke this evening. Tomorrow is the last day of his fund drive, and I felt it was important to give something to him. I use his really cool silkscreen font on some of the buttons on this site and I read his blog regularly. He’s an excellent writer and I find myself agreeing with him more than not. This feels a lot like when I give to NPR, and for mostly the same reasons.
I don’t know that I’ll be donating funds to everybody on the internet that decides to quit their jobs and blog for a living. However, Kottke is setting an example of a different type: not that quiting your day job is what you should do, but that you should do what you dream of. I’m really paying him something for daring to remind me of that.
Woah! While it may seem like I haven’t posted in forever so therefore nothing must have been happening, quite the opposite is true. There has been so much going on in the past week-and-a-half I’m going nuts.
Woah! While it may seem like I haven’t posted in forever so therefore nothing must have been happening, quite the opposite is true. There has been so much going on in the past week-and-a-half I’m going nuts. I want to blog about all of these things, but I do not have any time right now to do so. I am looking forward to this weekend so bad… Okay, here’s a short list in only somewhat of an order:
- Angela and I went to Paris, France! They speak French over there and it’s awesome. It is an incredible city and so much fun to just walk around, which we did lots of. I have roughly 1,000 photos, and I am
going to have put some of them up on Flickr as soon as I get the chance.
- Angela and I celebrated three incredible years of marriage yesterday. Of course, we only got to see one another for a few hours at dinner due to having to get our buts back to work. Still, making some time for one another is how we make the whole thing work.
- I went to a Tim Kaine 2005 rally for the kick-off of his campaign for Governor of Virginia last night as well. This was not a let down, but I had to leave a little early to make it to dinner with Angela.
- I have had a shit-storm of work to do lately, on top of trying to study for my SE exam next month. I love my job and I hate my job at the same time.
- Today is my dog, Harry‘s, fourth birthday.
I’m Angela is going to pick him up some doggy ice-cream on the way home from work.
- Trey has updated both Synthetic Rabbit and Gridge’s web sites. This on top of retooling Megan’s site last month. I’m sure he’s sleeping well at last.
- Star Wars Episode III trailer. So Badass. The best part, what we don’t see means there is so much more: Jimmy Smits & Natalie Portman, for starters (just short flashes)
And even more that I can’t think of right now. Many posts coming soon, and I hope to write a long article on our trip to Paris. Does anybody know how to get 26 hours in a day, because I need it?