Fourteen years ago, when Angela and I visited Paris, I took this photo inside the Louvre pyramid. I posted it to Flickr with the attached caption.
Pei passed away yesterday at the age of 102 after having forever changed architecture around the world.
Ok, well, it was pretty much impossible to narrow this down to nine photos. These cover at least some of the highlights of the past year. They may not all be the best photos (even of mine), but they certainly cover a lot of what happened over the past 365 days in just nine pictures.
From left-to-right, top-to-bottom:
- Ainsley looking out over the bow of a Disney Cruise ship last January as we left Miami.
- Pagodas from an ancient temple in South Korea.
- Harry and Maggie hanging out on our stairs.
- Angela, Wyatt, & Ainsley watching the eclipse (well, what we could see of it through the clouds).
- My finished guitar boost pedal.
- Me sporting my first bow tie, which my family gave me for Father’s Day.
- My finished Gundam kit.
- Angela and the kids on one of several Fall hikes we did with our moms.
- Hargie being ridiculously cute.
Playing the first encounter of the undermountain adventure.
I played D&D at Mike’s place on Sunday evening. We play-tested a new LFR adventure before its release later this year.
The areas above represent the bottom and top floor of a lighthouse the party was storming to take back from an evil skull lord. What’s a Sunday afternoon without pretending to defeat pretend evil?