I didn’t add this on Instagram, but it may be worth explaining a bit more detail. The birch was leftover from some hardwood edge banding I used elsewhere in my daughter’s room (more on that once that project is complete). The board was far from flat, but this was a pretty good way to make use of the less twisted sections of the board. I used a biscuit joiner for the first time in the panel glue-up. I managed to come up with some flat shelves after some planing & sanding. I made the wall mounts from some of the cut-off scraps, so there ended up being very little waste here.
The circle cutting jig was based on Colin Knecht’s design (though did a plunge cut on the router table instead of on my table saw; that just looked way too risky). I drilled a hole at the circle center, since I knew I’d have to have a notch for the drywall corner, anyway.